Looking to cut your teeth in Marketing?
Join our team as a Paid Digital Marketing Intern
The Position: Digital Marketing Intern
Big Red Dog Marketing is seeking a digital marketing intern to assist in a variety of roles, with a focus on social media, content marketing, and some paid search. We are looking for self-starters who are ready to roll up their sleeves, show off what they know, and learn more about the business. Successful interns think outside the box, enjoy building relationships, and love sharing what they create. Our company culture is built on hard work, fun, and our client’s earned trust. A genuine eagerness to help and learn are what enable our clients to trust us, and us to trust our interns.
Our Company Culture
We have a trusting and flexible work style, but it comes with the responsibility to honor your commitments and conduct yourself accordingly. With that stated, you will need to be the type of worker who is a self starter, has stick-to-it-ness, and embraces a “get it done” attitude. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas to the table and be able to ask the right type of questions when issues arise.
Are you the right fit?
Here’s the deal, if you can be on time, be prepared, be professional and polite, and follow up…
we are “pawsitive” we can teach you the rest at Big Red Dog Marketing.
What you will do
- Handle a wide variety of tasks and roles, with a different workflow every day
- Work with our team to create and implement creative content campaigns
- Do research to uncover potential content marketing opportunities
- Ideate interesting content and marketing ideas for clients
- Promote creative content on social media
- Assist with research for creative content campaigns
- Analyze data to identify interesting trends and insights for projects
- Draft copy for a variety of blogs and websites
- Bottomline, YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING COFFEE for others.
- 2nd Semester Sophomore, Junior or senior at a four-year university, or Grad Student
- Ability to write quality content
Active, engaged, and knowledgeable social media user
- Demonstrable technical and analytical skills
- Creative minded and willing to share your ideas
- Readiness to try new things
- Regular reader of news and content
- Never says, “I can’t do it” or “It can’t be done”
Really nice to have
- Certified in Google Ads or Google Analytics or Facebook Ads
- Familiarity with SEO tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, MOZ, Screaming Frog, Raven, etc.
- Familiarity or ability to use Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc
- Know what marketing automation is and how it is used
- Experience writing for an online publication or blog
- You maintain your own blog or online portfolio, or wordpress website
- Prior work pitching media or bloggers
- Active Redditor
Hours, Location, & Pay
This internship begins upon hire. Applicants must be available for 12 weeks or longer during the spring semester, and should expect to work at least 10-15 hours per week. This internship could go on through the summer and into the fall for the right person. Our office is located on Atlantic/Whitaker Mill in Raleigh. We offer a flexible work schedule, so you will be able to work both remote (home, coffee shop, etc.) and in the office with the rest of the team.
Interns will be paid hourly at a competitive rate, commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
For consideration, please submit three things:
- Your resume
- A writing sample. This can be anything that you feel is a good piece of work, is your work, and that gives us a sense of your writing ability.
- A short cover letter – no more than one page. This is extremely important, as you will not be considered without it. (If the website you’re using to apply doesn’t allow you to attach a separate cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document.)
Use your cover letter to tell us why you’re the absolute best fit for this internship position. This should not be a stiff, scripted piece of writing – have fun with it and enjoy the process! We’ll read your cover letter first, so really let it showcase your personality, strengths, and desire to work at Big Red Dog Marketing. Be real, be yourself, and make us want to learn more about you. Seriously, we eliminate any applicant who doesn’t follow these cover letter instructions – it shows you can follow directions and have read all the way to the bottom. ☺