How to Find the Best Option for Your Business
To “vet” something means investigating it thoroughly to make a careful and critical decision. It is the process of getting into the nitty-gritty of an individual or company to make an informed decision on whether to go forward with a joint project. While “vetting” is a powerful and sometimes harsh word, it is a necessary evil when finding a digital marketing agency for your company.
To succeed in today’s business world, a company needs to embrace a strong digital marketing strategy. Navigating the digital marketing world is a daunting task, so it is critical to devise a plan that encapsulates your needs and wants as a company. Choosing the right digital partner is one of those strategies to help your business grow.
Step 1: Understand Your Needs
The first step to finding and vetting a digital marketing agency is to understand your needs and expectations as a company. Outline what you want to accomplish as a business and define what the partnership will look like during all phases of the journey.
- What do you want the digital marketing agency to do for your company?
- Do you want to improve your online presence?
- Bring in more leads and sales?
- What are the services you want the agency to provide?
- What are your goals as a company? How will a digital marketing agency help you reach those goals?
- What are the requirements for the agency? What does your ideal agency look like, and what will those interactions look like as well?
- How will you measure success? What are your desired results? When do you expect results?
- What is your budget for these services? What are you willing to spend to reach your goals?
Step 2: Do the Research
Once you understand your needs as a company, start researching potential agencies that fit your list of requirements. Make sure to determine the agency’s credibility and reputation. Read through client testimonials and reviews online. Ask yourself:
- What is the general theme of each review?
- What is the company’s overall feel when it comes to reviews?
- Do the testimonials/reviews seem authentic?
- Does the company have a decent website?
- Does the company have a social media presence? Is the content on social media and website quality or is it lacking?
Step 3: Call the Agency
After you’ve compiled a list of top agencies, have a chat! While email is an easy and stress-free way to engage with a potential digital marketing agency, it is NOT the best way to get to know someone! Instead, take the time to contact each agency and talk with them about your wants and needs as a company. Any serious agency will give you the time and consideration you deserve while being 100% transparent about their services.
Step 4: Have a Meeting
Never sign a contract without having a formal meeting where the agency outlines its strategy for your company. Consider this meeting as a “date” with the intent to go into a long-term relationship. There is no “swiping left or right” in the marketing world, and finding a qualified agency should not be taken lightly. Make sure you go into the relationship understanding the specifics.
- What is the plan? How will the agency help your business?
- What will the deliverables look like in each phase?
- What is the timeframe for those “to-dos”?
- How will the company define goals, metrics and reporting?
- What are the resources and talents being utilized?
- How do you share feedback? What if there is a concern?
- What are the promises that the marketing company states? Are they realistic? Are they transparent? Are they measurable?
Step 5: Decide What is best for YOU
Deciding on the right marketing partner affects your business growth and personal happy meter. It is best to choose a company that fits your mindset, values and goals. Get a feel for the staff and individuals working directly with you and your company. Then, follow your gut when it comes to first impressions!
Consider Big Red Dog Marketing
At Big Red Dog Marketing, we understand the value of a strong marketing plan that aligns with each stage of the buyer’s journey. With clients located across the country, we focus on what your business really needs and understand how to make your company competitive to deliver high-quality results. From Integrated Marketing to SEO, we tackle any marketing need to help drive quality traffic to your website, raise conversions that build results and solve those complex problems every business owner faces.
Want to learn more about our team and how we can help your business? Feel free to give us a call at 919-926-8727 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Read More?
Take a look at some of our other interesting blog posts!