The Importance of a Good (and Bad) Review
Using Google Reviews to boost your “street cred” is a great way to let others do the work for you! In our ever-growing tech world, getting a 5-star review from a customer provides three main benefits.
- Get testimonials to market your business
- Better understanding what you are doing right (and wrong)
- Improve visibility on Google
These unbiased third-party reviews help to build trust with potential customers and influence individuals to choose your business over another.
Don’t Take Our Word For it
Just like LeVar Burton said on Reading Rainbow, “you don’t have to take my word for it” when it comes to reviews. A potential customer can rely on the words of others to make an informed decision when it comes to a product or service. For example, who wouldn’t want to use Big Red Dog Marketing after reading the following reviews:
Hillary White of Nan’s School of Dance in Raleigh (5 Star Review)
- “We have been a client of Big Red Dog for almost a year and have been very pleased. They created a new website for my studio, and exceeded all of my expectations. They are a great marketing firm in Raleigh that has helped my business gain new students – even during this pandemic. Chris and his team are passionate, responsive, and have been very helpful in growing my business. I highly recommend Big Red Dog for all of your marketing needs.”
Brent Vaugh of Oak City Properties (5 Star Review)
- “I have been a client of Chris Douglas for several years now. He has always treated me as a top priority regardless of whether I needed a full website overhaul or just a simple SEO question/need taken care of. From top to bottom he has always been fast and reliable and great to work with. The other great quality is that he always has your best interest in mind and has your back when needed. I highly recommend his services and Big Red Dog Marketing.”
Don’t Let Fear Be the Reason You Miss Out
Often, business owners don’t solicit Google Reviews because they are afraid of a bad review. However, a bad review doesn’t have to be bad for business. Taking that opportunity to actively engage and reply to a bad review with the intent to find a resolution can illustrate to a new customer your willingness to make things right and take action.
According to Forbes, “entirely positive reviews are less credible and persuasive to shoppers.” One study showed that shoppers interacting with negative reviews stayed on site five times longer than on websites that didn’t have less favorable reviews. This data suggests that bad reviews drive smarter decisions if the potential customer takes the time to dive into the data.
Happy Customers = Good Reviews
It’s important to have a strategy to collect online reviews to improve visibility on Google. To do this, make it as easy as possible for the existing and new customers to leave a review.
- Have a prominent link on your website to leave a review
- Send an email after the purchase of your product/service asking for a review
- Inquire if existing clients/customers can review your services
Navigating Google Review can be tricky. At Big Red Dog Marketing, we understand the value of a strong marketing plan that aligns with each stage of the buyer’s journey. With clients across the country, we focus on what your business really needs and understand how to make your company competitive to deliver high-quality results. From Integrated Marketing to SEO, we tackle any marketing need to help drive quality traffic to your website, raise conversions that build results and solve those complex problems every business owner faces.
Want to learn more about our team and how we can help your business? Feel free to give us a call at 919-926-8727 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Read More?
Take a look at some of our other interesting blog posts!